[Fot] TR6 transmission rebuild - counter shaft gears

M&M Hado mhado at att.net
Sun Jan 7 20:20:57 MST 2018

Greg,

It sounds like one or both of the laygear thrust washers are jammed or
damaged which is preventing you from moving the cluster.  Also, the smaller
or rear thrust washer has to be removed before you can slide out the
assembly in the first place.  That 1/16" or so of extra movement (after the
small washer is out) allows the cluster to move to that end and clear the
forward end boss in the casing.  Once you get the gears out be sure to check
the condition of the casing on both ends where the washers are up against
the casing.  I've got several extra TR6 boxes in case you need one.

Mike