[Fot] Fwd: Crown and pinion gear break in

Peter Vucinic pvucinic at netspace.net.au
Mon Sep 17 18:22:38 MDT 2018

I agree with Glen

The pinion is the only component destroyed. I would question the hardness of the gear. The entire gear/shaft should be case hardened, so if you can find someone to check it?

Also, the MTL, this is as per the REDLINE data sheet - MTL, MT 85 and MT 90 are not for use in differentials with hypoid gears

It will be a FACTOR, but not the whole story given the Crown Wheel is still in ‘good’ condition.

Cheers

"You can Make a Small Fortune From Motor Racing. As long as You Started With A Lage Fortune!"

Kind Regards

Peter Vucinic

TR4 - TR7 V8 - Spitfire MkII

 <mailto:fot at autox.team.net> fot at autox.team.net