[Fot] Tire recommendations

David Gott triumphsix at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 22 13:40:00 MDT 2019

Hi All,
You’ll have to forgive me for this question, as I’m sure it’s frequent and the inter webs hates these questions!
I’m having trouble getting good data for our cars on current vintage tire selection.   I’m running a 15x7 wheel on my TR4; last year I ran 225/45/15 Hoosier street TDS (and a very used set at that). I’m thinking of going with:
Option 1:  225/50/15 Toyo R888ROption 2:  23x7.5 15 Hoosier street TDROption 3:  225/50 15 Hoosier speedster.
What do y’all run?   I’m thinking that maybe the Hoosiers would be faster on the first race weekend, but end of the season the Toyo would be faster- but that’s a guess.   What would you pick and why?    Any other tire I should consider?

Thanks in advance!
Dave Gott1962 TR4 “80” HRG3/EP

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone