[Fot] Nomination of John Davies, UK Vitesse Racer

Joe Guinan joeg at neb.rr.com
Wed May 22 09:24:04 MDT 2019

John Davies and I have become acquainted in conversations on The Triumph
Experience web site. I'd like to nominate John to membership in the FOT. He
can be found in the Lancaster area of the UK behind the wheel of his Vitesse
racer, "Old Blue". (Picture attached of Old Blue and it's predecessors)
John's email is john.r.davies at btinternet.com

May I have a second?

Joe Guinan
Fremont, Nebraska

This note is from John...
I race a Vitesse in the UK.    It's my third, the previous two having gone
to the Great Garage in the Sky.   Pic enclosed, of Old Blue, Silverback and
SofS  (Son of Silverback - it has many of its fathers parts and its
grandfathers hat).    This is AFAIK the last racing Vitesse in the UK.
I'm a 72 yo retired doctor, who worked as a rally medic for many years.
Since I retired and gave up medicine, I went back to school and have just
completed a BSc degree course in Motorsport engineering.    Currently
building a race 2.5 engine to replace the 2l currently in SofS, to take best
advantage of its Lucas Pi, and other mods.  And looking for a job at
Ferrari.

---