[Fot] Rumortime, an E-prod TR-3 on treaded tires???

robert bownes bownes at web9.com
Mon May 20 18:50:42 MDT 2019

Many years ago I raced my 64 GP Spit at Lime Rock Park in Connecticut in
the SCCA Production/GT race in the morning, swapped the slicks off of it
over lunch for a set of A008Rs and raced it in the SCCA Vintage class race
in the afternoon.

The Production race was notable because my little 1147 GP Spit was out
there with a GT1 car driven by a well known former TR6 driver. I drew him
aside at the driver's meeting and said "Paul, I'll do my best to stay out
of your way, but with the closing speed you'll have on me, I might get
surprised." He said "Just drive your race kid, I'll worry about staying out
of your way", flashed that famous smile and wandered back to his trailer.
We both won our class, Though I think I was about 4 laps down on him.

iii