[Fot] laycock clutch question

van.mulders.marcel at telenet.be van.mulders.marcel at telenet.be
Fri May 24 04:07:36 MDT 2019

Brian, you are right, it's better to correct this : the spring (fingers) are working in a wrong range and it's possible the disc won't disengage and the clutch will fail after some time. When mounting and tightening the pressure plate, the fingers should move inward no more than 2 or 3mm.
You can correct this by putting washers between the six feet of the PP and the flywheel. These washers ought to be hard steel : shims, not common mild steel washers.
Marcel