[Fot] April 7 2020 Kastner Cup Update

marty sukey trmarty at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 7 16:23:21 MDT 2020

Greetings fellow racers. It's time for an April Kastner Cup update. Thing can change daily, and I will notify the group of any changes as I hear of them. I spoke with Tony Parella today and the Mid-Ohio race is a go currently. SVRA rearranged some of the events earlier in the schedule but the hope is that things settle down somewhat by the end of June and the Mid-Ohio event will go on as scheduled. I inquired about the possibility of moving the event to 2021 due to the Covid-19 situation and that is just not a possibility as they have already made commitments to other groups for next year for the Mid-Ohio date. SVRA is in the process of making changes for the event to make it more social distant. Registration at the track will be different and there will be no Saturday night party. This will be more of a racing weekend and not so much of a social weekend.  They are making changes to adapt as we speak, and I will update you as I can. We will have to adapt as a group also as far as the awards ceremony and hospitality area. So, we have a free race on the schedule so you cannot beat the price.

Stay safe, stay well and get those race cars ready.

Marty Sukey