[Fot] Valve parts identification help

Dave dlhogye at comcast.net
Sat Apr 18 17:40:13 MDT 2020

Okay Friends,
While I'm on this subject, I have a set of springs and aluminum retainers/collars that I'm not exactly sure if they are TR sets.  In the photo from left to right, Stock TR3-4, factory competition from my current engine and mystery parts on the right.  The mystery spring retainer/collar is aluminum, but slightly smaller in diameter than the stock unit, 1.25" to 1.305", but looks almost identical to stock in shape and design.
I'd appreciate confirmation if someone is familiar with this spring set and their aluminum retainers/collars.  I also have a set of steel retainers that are exactly the size of these aluminum units that were together in the set.  Perhaps they are Spitfire parts.
Dave H.