[Fot] Reline Heavy Shockproof Gear OIl All Sythetic

Robert Lang robertlangtr6 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 16 15:17:15 MDT 2020

 Hi - There's the spherical washers as Bob refers to, but there may also be yellow-metal for the thrust washers for the side gears. Later cars like the TR6 got fiber thrust washers, but some of us install the bronze ones used in the TR3/4.
Can't speak to Spitfires, though.
If you have a locker, use the cheap stuff and change the diff oil often! And when you change the oil, examine it closely. That way you stay ahead of any "issues".

Technically, the proper oils will say "yellow-metal safe" but not all that are safe do say so.

CRC StaLube is special order at the local NAPA. Perfect for street cars.

l8R,Bob Lang