[Fot] opinion - SOLVED...maybe

Phil Gott vfracing at aol.com
Thu Apr 23 04:53:39 MDT 2020

This brings to mind a lesson learned the hard way. Diaphragm pressure plates need to be mated with the correct configuration throwout bearing.  The fingers on the plate want to roll on the throwout bearing. If the fingers are straight, the bearing needs to have a curved surface. If the fingers are curved, then a flat faced throwout bearing will work. If a flat faced bearing is used with flat fingers, there could be a very sudden movement and engagement as the fingers transition across the face of the bearing from the inside to outside edge.
Depending on the set up and initial orientation of all parts, this may or may not happen in any particular case.
I did not raise the issue when Nick first asked for opinions, as the Duke of Oil’s problem happened all of a sudden.
Phil

Sent from my iPhone