[Fot] Camshaft recommendation

Enquiries Road & Track enquiries at roadandtrack.net.au
Wed Feb 12 15:57:52 MST 2020

interesting comment re newer cam blanks

i got some 6 cyl ones recently and they are hard as XXXXX. and the cast
iron appearance is unbelievably rough...yes, agree, they have much
bigger cores and base circles.  I suspect they are of turkish origin. it
looks like an original cam had each lobe widened a bit (crudely) and then a
mould was made.

i dont have a cam grinder in my shop, but my local cam man also commented
on the hardness