[Fot] Roll Cage Door Bars (and Slicks) at Kastner Cup

marty trmarty at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 2 16:58:53 MST 2020

Ok FOT, here is the deal on door bars. If you have been racing for years with whatever organization you run with without door bars you will NOT have an issue racing at the Kastner Cup if your car is safe, bring your car and race. It is a non-issue! If you are currently building a NEW race car and are designing a roll cage, put door bars in for crying out loud, be safe.  For what its worth, an Alpha spun a few years ago and shot across the track and t-boned me at the drivers side front tire. I did not have door bars. I'm not sure I would be writing this if he had hit me in the door. My car now has door bars.  So, once again, if you are legal racing with your home organization without door bars you will not have an issue racing at the Kastner Cup.

In addition, here is the deal regarding slicks at Mid-Ohio. Take them off and put treaded tires on. You will NOT be allowed to race at the Mid-Ohio event with slicks. Sorry.

Marty Sukey
2020 K-Cup Chair