[Fot] Main brg strap

tr4racing at googlemail.com tr4racing at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 14 14:07:51 MST 2020

If the block is cracking from head stud to water jacket, it is normally caused by tightening the head studs in the block.

To avoid cracks, run the studs in by hand, without any tool. That is enough.

Tighten them will split the block.

The torque of the head nuts are at the limit of what the block can take, that’s why the split in the thread hole zone when the studs are wrenched in.

Cheers

Chris