[Fot] TR6 Supercharger Query

Robert Lang robertlangtr6 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 30 12:35:49 MST 2020

 Hi - yes, I understand and now directly about increasing compression... I'm just sorting out options for a new friend. When I told him an engine build with increased compression and everything, he just about passed out. Then he asked if there are other options. He is not a do-it-yourself person or a fabricator - so this needs to be soup to nuts or bolt on. Else, we have him save $$$ and then build him a really sweet street engine.

The thing that is kool about modern superchargers is that they are bypassed until you stand on it, so very little parasitic loss when you are cruising around. Heck, I got close to 40 MPG in my Saturn Ion Redline and that sucker did naught to 60 in around 6 seconds and I had many slips of 13.9 seconds and 104 MPH at the nearest drag strip.
Regarding turning the engine beyond 6k RPM, hopefully most of here are more than aware of the dangers there.
Regards,Bob Lang