[Fot] Best Head Gasket

David Gott triumphsix at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 31 15:42:45 MDT 2020

Hi Michael,
We are both using the Bastuck steel shim head gasket.  We spray Hylomar sealant jointing compound on both sides of it before installing.  Seems to work well, and doesn’t need the filing the steel shim gasket in the Kastner competition manual requires.   Mordy Dunst also makes a copper gasket that I guess works well, but I’ve never tried that one.   I recently ordered a spare gasket right from Bastuck in Germany, it’s your best price for that with the current exchange rate by far at this point I believe!
What are you running now?  And compression ratio?   I’m at 11:1...
Hope that helps!
Dave

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone