[Fot] Summary of "Rope Seal Alternatives"

vfracing at aol.com vfracing at aol.com
Wed May 20 06:09:29 MDT 2020

Thanks for all who replied.  There were a number of good suggestions, including a validation/clarification of the factory approach by Kas.  That's in the book recommended by Joe Alexander (that book also discusses at 290 HP TR2....!)
Several of you replied only to me.  There was a request to know all the responses, and a failure on my part to get my email to include the entire chain of responses in anything I sent out (as far as I can tell, anyway). Because this particular chain might prove helpful and ought to be included in any future books on TR prep, I compiled all the responses and their authors, in a pdf document,  Please find it attached.
I should clarify at this point that I was seeking to avoid the mess made by the Aviation Cement during assembly.  A number of responses went, quite naturally, to avoiding the mess of the oil leaks themselves.  My concern was that I was re-assembling the bottom end with cylinders and pistons and rings all in place.  I had nightmares of the aviation cement dripping down into the cylinder/piston space and fouling the ring pack.  Hopefully I avoided that....
Hope to see you all in Ohio.  We'll have a fun time trying to guess who we're talking to as we will be masked.  Heck, I can't remember names even without masks.....
Thanks again, Amici!
Phil Gott