[Fot] 1992 First of the great TRiumph reunions?

chasgee22 at gmail.com chasgee22 at gmail.com
Sat May 23 10:02:15 MDT 2020

That is the race that started it all for me.  My dad and I went to that race because Paul Smock and Bill Burroughs were going to make the cross country trip to be in it.  They chickened out, but we still went.  I remember the group 44 TR8 being really quick.  I also remember seeing Tulius and other group 44 people there with one of their XJS race cars for sale.  I don’t remember any details except they were selling it for $7K.  Hindsight is 20-20!

I bought an SCCA Spitfire after that and the rest, shall we say, is history.

The number 14 car was raced by Ralph Thomas.  That’s the Kastner Brophy Vitesse which I have now.  It will be coming back to Mid-Ohio for the Kastner Cup.

Chuck