[Fot] cracked block

tr4racing at googlemail.com tr4racing at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 22 18:04:07 MST 2020

Hi,

most of the TR3/4 blocks are killed by head studs driven in with tools instead by running them down by hand.

If the water jacket of the block is not centered properly the wall between thread and water gets quite thin.

If the stud is ran in with a tool plus the torque of the head nuts this is too much for the cast iron to hold and the block develops cracks at the short bolts.

As a repair you can try to bring in a thread sleeve and soldering the block with silver solder.

Cheers

Chris