[Fot] Cast oil sump - 301318

Bill Dentinger billdentin at aol.com
Mon Sep 21 15:38:32 MDT 2020

Hi Kas...
Mike Belfer and Kevin Potter, who prep'd my cars made an alteration to that oil sump (some sort of gravity driven wiper to help keep the oil moving)
Bill Dentinger

Sent from AOL Mobile Ma
 On Monday, September 21, 2020, Kas Kastner via Fot <fot at autox.team.net> wrote:

Back in the 50's the aluminum cast oil pan was an important piece .  In those days we were not allowed an oil cooler and the pan had more capacity and it also did a little cooling, but it also strengthened the block.  The casting is thick and helped stabilize the Tr-3 block.  Valuable part in days gone by. I admit I did grind the bottom of the pan on the track in races but always used it for the cooling of the oil benefit (more due to increased capacity than anything else)

Never be beaten by equipment.