[Fot] Bill Dentinger

BILL weredinger at cox.net
Mon Jan 18 11:04:23 MST 2021

We need to gather up from turn 5 Road America at Bob Wismer's memorial monument ( Bill's best prank on his best racing friend Bob, who was still alive at the time) for a good bye wine and cheese (Wisconsin only please) party for our old and dear friend BILL! We should be fittingly add his name to his creation.Henry, please bring Old Blue for the send off. (My contribution to Old Blue is the replacement frame that it now sits on.) As well as we need Beady Eye Racing Van and Trailer to facilitate the wine and cheese party for old times at the  VSCDA ELVF Races.GOD SPEED to BILLBill
-------- Original message --------From: yellow04 via Fot <fot at autox.team.net> Date: 1/18/21  10:41 AM  (GMT-06:00) To: FOT Triumph <fot at autox.team.net> Subject: Re: [Fot] Bill Dentinger When I started racing 20 years ago, I met Bill and the rest of the Beady Eye Vintage Triumph Racing Team. These guys embodied the spirit of Vintage Racing, from their approach to the on-track activities to their approach to their famous Wine and Cheese parties.When it was time for him to hang up the helmet for the last time, he passed the reins to Old Blue to me. After every event I ran with the old TR3 we would exchange email, he was quite happy to see the car running well. Boy, I am going to miss those exchanges.I can only hope he and Wismer are planning their next epic race weekend as we speak...HenryOn 2021-01-18 00:18, Steven Belfer via Fot wrote:> Dear Friends,> > I just heard from Bill’s brother Ron, and I’m sad to report that our> dear friend Bill has passed away.> > Bill was a close friend of my Dad. He was one of the warmest,> funniest, and biggest hearted people of all time, and he was a damn> good race car driver.> > Sorry to be the bearer of this sad news_______________________________________________fot at autox.team.nethttp://www.fot-racing.comDonate: http://www.team.net/donate.htmlArchive: http://autox.team.net/archive http://www.team.net/pipermail/fotUnsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/fot/weredinger@cox.net