[Fot] Brake Hardware - TR-3 to TR-6

Jack Wheeler jwheeler1947 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 15 15:33:47 MST 2021

Folks, I admit it...  I am a pack rat.  I also make lists!  Sometimes I feel like the Ace hardware for miscellaneous small Triumph parts.  I have owned 29 Triumphs (TR-2 through TR-6) and parted out about 10 of them to support my 25 year racing habit.  Anyway, I have been cleaning & organizing my garage (which happens on rare occasions) and I always have to ask myself, "is this worth keeping or not".  I'm now throwing out a lot of stuff that I would have kept 25 years ago. "just in case I might need it".  And in fact, when I was racing and restoring old Triumphs, I used many of the parts I had kept.  I have now set up 2 boxes on my work bench, one for steel throw away, and one for aluminum throw away.  When they get full, I will make a trip to the scrap metal yard.

Today I was going through one of my organizers that was filled with small brake parts, some fitting all models and years, for both front & rear brakes.  See the attached picture.  If anyone is interested in this stuff, contact me offline.  You don't need to explain what you intend to do with it.  All I ask is that you send me a check for what it costs me to ship.
I also have a large number of good drain plugs as used for the sump, transmission (2), differential (2), and probably some other places.  I have about 30.  Attached is a picture of some of them (I found quite a few more after I took the picture).  They all have good square tops, used for installing and removing the plug with a Crescent wrench.  Whoops, No, just kidding.  Those which had been rounded off with a Crescent wrench or vice grips, I threw out.  These are what is left, no doubt installed by a qualified mechanic using a square wrench or socket. Same deal, if you want any or all of these, all I ask is that you send me a check for whatever it costs me to ship them.
If I don't get any response in the next week or so, all of it goes in the steel throw away box and off to the scrap yard.
Thanks for your few minutes of attention while I had some fun with this.
Jack Wheeler(910) 687-0211