[Fot] Lever arm shocks vs. tube shock conversion

Dave Connitt dconnitt at icloud.com
Mon Jan 18 10:06:29 MST 2021

Hi all,
I am new to the FOS list. I own a 1967 TR4A-IRS that I finished restoring back in 2013 (DavesTR4A. com). It’s running stock lever type rear shocks that other than cleaning and painting and adding new links, I just reinstalled in the the car during the restoration. They seem to have resistance when I push/pull them so I am pretty sure they work as designed.
The car has always been kind of skittish on rough roads and I am considering switching to a tube shock conversion, specifically the one that bolts directly to the existing shock mounts.
Originality isn’t my main focus here. I like to drive it aggressively.
I would be interested in anyone’s experience with switching from rear lever shocks to chassis mounted (using the stock shock mounting points) regarding handling improvement or not.
Thanks in advance,
Dave Connitt
‘67 TR4A-IRS

Sent from my iPhone