[Fot] More on lever shocks vs. tube shock conversion

Dave Connitt dconnitt at icloud.com
Mon Jan 18 11:17:52 MST 2021

Thanks for all of the responses to my question on tube shock conversions. I forgot to add that last summer I installed the Richard Good C/V joint half shafts, rear hubs, Nylatron swing arm bushings and a R200 LSD differential. Thus wasn’t done to reduce wheel hop and skittering in the corners though but I did get rid of the half shaft spline lockup exiting corners! The pinion seal had failed which trashed my original differential.
I wonder if replacing the shock oil with a higher viscosity fluid would be a good first step. It never occurred to me that stiffer shock action would help. It sounds like I should just get my lever shocks rebuilt.
Thanks,
Dave Connitt

Sent from my iPhone