[Fot] steering rack question

Brian Schirano bschirano1 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 17:03:02 MST 2021

Hey Kids
I need to look into my inner ball joint play in my steering rack (GT6).
Tivy enlightened me this past October where my play is coming from, (yeah,
after I replaced all bushings, ball joints and outer tie rods last winter,
sheeeeet!)
Anywise, studying the manual, they talk about a plug to be removed and
replaced with a zerk, (this is where the steering shaft comes in) give a
few pumps, take the zirk out and put the plug back...??? Why is this?, what
would be the problem with leaving the zerk in?

Brian's question of the day
Cheers
--
Brian Schirano