[Fot] Gt6 transmission

Scott Janzen sjanzen at me.com
Sat Jan 23 12:17:09 MST 2021

Dennis, I think I have one off my ’68 race car, but I have no idea as to the originality.  I think pinion flanges on the diff vary somewhat with the gear ratio, too.  If you can tell me the flange dimensions for both ends I’ll take a look.  This one came out when I switched to a TR6 transmission.

Also, any good driveshaft shop can easily make one up, to whatever specs you want.  Should not be expensive.  I don’t know these to be a point of failure though, so my guess is with new u joints a stock one should be fine.  The items on either end of the shaft, however, are certainly over-stressed and fail with some degree of frequency, particularly a stock GT6 transmission (and don’t let anyone tell you their upgraded rebuild will prevent that!).