[Fot] Valve spring pressures

LEE FOLLANSBEE 65356sc at msn.com
Sat Jul 10 09:27:44 MDT 2021

Marty, how much over 7k are you taking your engine?  Valve springs are indeed a wear item, I replace them on the engines I build by probably the 3rd rebuild.  This is true for all makes of engines.  I have a very nice spring checker that I use and checking the spring pressures at install height and nose (max compression) is an integral part of each rebuild.