[Fot] race alignment GT6

Ponostyle ponobill at gmail.com
Mon Jul 12 06:07:01 MDT 2021

You can play with these suspension settings and try to detect the effect of the changes, assuming you have some way of obtaining an infinite amount of track time or a skid pad (limited but useful) to do the testing, or you could get a simulation program to play with. That’s how I initially dialed in Peyote and the results were good. These are dynamic systems with a lot of variables that interact. It’s not easy to optimize, but a good suspension simulation program can model everything that’s going on. The biggest problem then becomes modeling our ancient cars with their odd suspension components that no modern engineer would ever dream of using in a modern car. It can be done by approximation—even a TR3/4’s bonkers trunnion system can be approximated, it takes some work and will never be completely accurate—but it’s a lot closer than cut and try will get you.

Bill Babcock
Beach Bum
bill at ponostyle.com
https://www.Ponostyle.com