[Fot] Pleasant surprise

Ponostyle ponobill at gmail.com
Fri Oct 15 00:19:09 MDT 2021

I got a nice surprise today, a trophy plaque (the middle one) from the Kastner Cup race for "sportsmanship during competition", undoubtedly for giving back the position I gained in the second Triumph race with some chicane chicanery (I cut the chicane on the first lap to avoid a crash) at the end of the race. I appreciate the sentiment, it's a fine way to finish my long run with Peyote, my faithful and amazing race car for 22 great years. Thanks folks.

I’ve started working on the Ambro 001 I bought from Doug Karon. I think it will take me about a year to build it the way I want. I’ll probably race it a few times and then sell it to someone who will drive the wheels off it, as Will Hart, the young racer I sold Peyote to has been doing with Peyote. I think a few more races and he’ll be beating my best times at our West Coast tracks.

Bill Babcock
Beach Bum
bill at ponostyle.com
https://www.Ponostyle.com