[Fot] To thermostat or not to thermostat...

ralph hansen quikrx at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 11 15:31:54 MDT 2022

 you should at least pull the guts out of a stat or run a washer with the same size hole, no stat or restriction can cause uneven cooling, the pressure buildup or lack of will only cool the front part of the block/head, the restriction will allow proper pressure to flow all areas and not just the front / basically no stat equals cold frt of engine, hot rear - the restrictor can be adjusted for more or less flow as needed to get the desired temp - the best approx temp for combustion/power/mileage is around 190 - 195, that is what modern cars run and will not hurt any engine assuming the temp is consistent across the system or really close