[Fot] Timing Chain Tensioners

Joe Boruch jaboruch at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 11 15:39:46 MST 2022

 While better wear resistance is good, but I have had the tensioners break, rather than wear out.  The chrome plating process can cause hydrogen embrittlement, which would make them more likely to break.  Parts need to be baked after plating to provide hydrogen embrittlement relief.  I don't know enough about the process with spring steel to know if the baking process at about 375 deg. F will weaken the spring?  Joe B