[Fot] Lexan windshield

Scott Janzen sjanzen at me.com
Tue Mar 29 11:25:53 MDT 2022

here’s what I used. Has what is apparently a very tough scratch resistant coating.  Not sure it was worth the effort to save 5 lbs, however!
https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/project-cars/LS-Swapped-2003-Nissan-350z/replacing-glass-windshield-plastic-project-ls-powe/ <https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/project-cars/LS-Swapped-2003-Nissan-350z/replacing-glass-windshield-plastic-project-ls-powe/>

https://www.racingshields.com <https://www.racingshields.com/>

On Mar 29, 2022, at 1:18 PM, Joe via Fot <fot at autox.team.net> wrote:

We have used a Lexan windshield in a Champcar endurance car for years and have not had a significant problem.  The only issue has been when driving for hours in the wet, we would get black streaks near the bottom of wipers like from the rubber transferring to the windshield.  After the race we were able to clean it off.  Use a cleaner like Nexus to clean it.
JoeB

Sent from my iPhone