[Fot] Kastner race

Dave Riddle Dave at microworks.net
Tue Nov 22 16:52:37 MST 2022

The Registration for the Baja TR3 is done for Fri-Sun and running the Test day on Thursday. Also to participate in the Concours.

Car is getting different ratios in the Gearbox and Final drive that should give us some much needed extra speed

Plugging in the numbers from PittRace a Gear Ratio Calculator showed the car running...
Tire width            205
Tire Profile          60
Rim Size               15
RPM                      5000
Final Drive           4.63
1st Gear                3.95        20.07 mph
2nd Gear               2.14        37.04 mph
3rd Gear                1.38        57.44 mph
4th Gear                1.00        79.27 mph
5th Gear                0.81        97.86 mph
Which matched what I saw driving it
Using the numbers from the replacement box it looks like a good direction
Final Drive           4.11
1st Gear                3.83        23.31 mph
2nd Gear               2.06        43.35 mph
3rd Gear                1.43        62.44 mph
4th Gear                1.00        89.30 mph
5th Gear                0.84        106.3 mph

Dave Riddle
dave at microworks.net
602.692.5276