[Fot] Thrust Bearing fabrication question?

Barr, Scott sbarr at McCarty-Law.com
Thu Feb 23 09:44:46 MST 2023

On my Spit, I found that I had to replace the main bearings more often than the thrust washers, so I pinned the top half and replaced thrust washers like every second time I replaced main bearings.

Scot (B.)

From: Fot <fot-bounces at autox.team.net> On Behalf Of Richard Good via Fot
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2023 9:49 AM
To: fot at autox.team.net; David Cutter <david.c.cutter at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Thrust Bearing fabrication question?

Dave,

I use brass pins in the lower half only.  If you pin the upper half you have to remove the crank to replace the thrust washer.

Richard Good
Good Parts Inc

On Thursday, February 23, 2023 at 10:41:57 AM EST, David Cutter via Fot <fot at autox.team.net<mailto:fot at autox.team.net>> wrote:

Amici, fabricating some full 360 degree thrust bearings for the first time.  What is the recommended method for fastening them?  Pin or other fastener?  Fasten both halves or just the upper half?

Thanks!
Dave
Spitfire #42