[Gta] FW: Member?

Hermann Schaller hermannschaller at msn.com
Wed Jan 27 06:03:35 MST 2010

Dear GTA Friends,

Please see the e-mail below, which I received.

Does anyone knows this car and its owner?

Best regards

Hermann Schaller

From: robert_held at comcast.net
To: assistantdirector at gatriumph.com
Subject: Member?
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 19:31:32 -0500

Hi.  My name is Bob Held.  I bought a new Spitfire in 1980 when I was in
flight school in Pensacola.  I enjoyed it for 24 years, then sold it through a
third party several years ago.  It was in pristine shape and the buyer paid me
what I had paid for it when it was new.  Because of his willingness to pay
that much money, I think he or she may also have been enthusiastic enough to
join your club.

I am cleaning out my office and have some paperwork relating to the car which
the new owner might appreciate having, such as the original window sticker and
sales contract, as well as some documentation from when I had some restoration
work done.

However, I dont have the first idea on how to find the owner other than
thinking that he might belong to your club and have his Spitfire registered
with you.  Its serial number is TFVDW6ATOO6704.  Its carmine red with the
brown houndstooth interior.  If you know the owner or have an idea how I can
find the him or her, I would appreciate it your help.

Thanks,

Bob Held