[Healeys] Cam Timing

David Masucci drmasucci at comcast.net
Sun Aug 5 14:20:52 MDT 2007

The system changed my degrees symbols to zeros. The paragraph should read:

Using a piston stop I found exact TDC and set my degree wheel to zero. I
have
the rocker out of the way on the number 1 intake and have my dial indicator
mounted above the pushrod. Always taking measurements after stopping
rotation
in the proper direction, I found the point of maximum lift of the intake
lobe
using 0.050" measurements from base circle AND I also did the same
measurement
using 0.050" readings from the peak. In one measurement I got a point of
maximum lift as 106 degrees ATDC while in the second measurement I got a
value of 105.5 degrees.
So I'm pretty confident that my number one intake hits maximum lift at
around
106 degrees ATDC.