[Healeys] Tire wear problems

BJ8Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Wed Aug 6 10:01:22 MDT 2008

Hi, Bob -
The toe-in spec in the book was for original bias-ply tires.  For your
radials, the toe-in should be zero.  The reason for this is:  toe-in is
intended to compensate for the tendency of the tires to toe out due to
rolling friction when the car is in motion.  Radials have less rolling
resistance than bias-ply tires.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry