[Healeys] fuel pump update

Leonard Hartnett thehartnetts at earthlink.net
Fri May 9 20:43:35 MDT 2008

Another source of gas smell in the trunk area can be the recessed area where
the sending unit it located.  If you fill your tank, the fuel will be higher
than the lowest part of the recess. If the screws and/or copper washers that
secure the sending unit leak, gasoline will seep up into that recess and the
smell will persist until the fuel level in the tank goes down whereupon the
fuel will seep back into the tank or evaporate.

(The Other) Len
Vacaville,  California,  USA
1967 3000 MKIII, HBJ8L39031