[Healeys] Interesting ad on Craigs list for a 100 M

Rich C richchrysler at quickclic.net
Wed Apr 29 09:59:21 MDT 2009

Hi Randy,

Don't get me started with this, likely my favorite subject, or I'll be
sitting here typing for the rest of the day!<grin>

I won't say that white piping didn't appear with this colour combination but
certainly not when this car was built, March 3rd, 1956. There was a change
of exterior and interior colour availability and policy that took place at
the end of 1955.
Spruce Green, trimmed in dark green with non contrasting piping was dropped
and the only green now was the newly introduced Florida Green and they
simply trimmed the interior in all black. Of course at least one
introductory show car (TAC 620 as seen bottom of page 96 in Bll Piggott's
book Austin heaey 100 in Detail) was prepared with a light green interior to
match Florida Green, but that was NOT a production practice.
Florida green carried on into the new 100/Six and when first introduced in
the fall of '56 they were at first trimmed in black with contrasting piping.
This was soon dropped in favour of a new interior colour "grey" more of a
buff parchment colour.

The Hundred trimming was most often non contrasting piping, but of course
the usual red cars with black interiors (prior to end of '55) had a very
orangey red piping on seats and arm rest.
Healey Blue Hundreds to end of '55 were usually contrasting light grey
piping, after that, non contrasting Teal Blue
Red interior cars had very orangey red seats and armrests, nocontrasting
piping, after end of '55 the red became a very blood red still non
contrasting piping.
Lots of exceptions just to confuse. There 's lots more. Any individual
questions, please email me.
Somebody should write a book.....

Rich Chrysler
AHCA Hundred Registrar