[Healeys] WG: Side mirrors

Josef.Eckert at t-systems.com Josef.Eckert at t-systems.com
Fri Feb 6 03:28:38 MST 2009

 Hi Peter,
You can do Cape-like mirrors cheaper and with a nicer design as they offer.
I have just used an available round aftermarket LUCAS door mirror and bought
an aftermarket knurled windshield fixing nut. Think available at MOSS or other
dealers. You just need to drill a bigger hole in the fixing nut and tap
threads in of same size as already in the mirror stem, think 3/16" UNF. Then
Use a short threaded rod to fix the mirror to the windshield fixing nut. Put a
rubber shim between nut and stem.
For me that works for several years now and half price of what Cape charges.

Josef Eckert
Konigswinter/GERMANY

-----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----