[Healeys] Gasoline Overflow follow up

Mark LaPierre lapierrem at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jun 20 17:29:05 MDT 2009

Heres a stupid question.   Why didn't the auto shut off on the pump work.
I have never filled a Healey
tank up I am a tad embarrassed to say. (still restoring)   But knowing that
it has an extremely long filler pipe ,   does this prevent the pumps from
shutting off.    Come to think of it does the fuel have to go half way up
that long filler tube in order for the pumps to shut off?

Mark