[Healeys] Koni rear mount design vs Cape

Steve B. Gerow steveg at abrazosdata.com
Tue Feb 23 13:57:29 MST 2010

I've had the Cape rear kit installed for several years and even though the bottom mounts were bent by the inclusion of too-short shocks, the top mount IMHO is a good design and shows no distortion whatever.

The Cape kit is similiar to the Koni drawings except it replaces the two small lengths of angle steel with a full width piece approximately 3 ft long. For pictures, see:
http://www.pbase.com/stevegerow/healey_rear_suspension

However having said this if I had it to do over again I'd go with the Putzke kit.
--
Steve Gerow
BN6 with tube shocks