[Healeys] seat belts

HealeyRick healeyrick at yahoo.com
Fri May 7 13:13:26 MDT 2010

OR... to put it another way, look around your Healey and pick out the things
you'd like your face to smash into.  The only person I ever saw successfully
eschew the use of seat belts was the late Masten Gregory who had a penchant
for jumping out of his cars just prior to the crash.  Just to add a little
more controversy, I'm not even sure lap belts alone are sufficient protection
in a Healey.  In a front-end collision wearing only lap belts, the body tends
to bend forward at the waist, throwing the chest into the "javelin" of the
steering column.  I'll be putting three point harnesses in mine.

Rick

Follow My Nasty Boy Build: http://tinyurl.com/yj52fwo