[Healeys] Customs Duty Invoice

healeymanjim at hansencc.net healeymanjim at hansencc.net
Wed Nov 3 20:19:48 MST 2010

years ago when i sent my laygear to AH Spares, i failed to demand that they send it back by mail.  it was shipped via an air carrier and ended up in san diego(i lived in vancouver, washington at the time) and i was forced to ransom my part by paying the extra shipping from san diego.  i was able to talk them out of the 40 something dollars of customs duty by declaring upon pain of imprisonment that it was my gear and not a new one.  it took about 40 dollars worth of phone calls to straighten out that mess and i swore never to do that again.  however, i recently ordered some whitworth wrenches from england without any problems, so maybe i will try it again sometime.  hjim