[Healeys] Windshield glass makers

Ron Ray ronald-ray at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 5 16:03:22 MDT 2010

Richard,

I use to work at a Safelite plant back when I was in college.  The cost of
tooling up and making the molds necessary for one windshield would be
prohibitive.  Windshield glass is typically heat strengthened, and not
tempered.  So, it should be possible to cut each side of the laminated glass
using the correct glass cutter.  The cuts on each side of the windshield
would need to be aligned.

I'd suggest to Ray that he take his windshield to a commercial glazier, one
that provides glass for buildings, and see if they can cut it for him.

Ron