[Healeys] BJ7 rear hub done-more to do

Williams, Allen awill at ccs.ua.edu
Thu Apr 12 19:22:26 MDT 2012

Hello again to all. Thanks to everyone for all your input. I wanted to let all
of you know I got my hub back together today. I checked the spacer for the
required protrusion. It came in at .003 inch. There is no grove worn yet on
the tube axle so a redi-sleeve is probably not necessary. The seal seemed to
be snug enough. There was enough space between the axle face and the hub to
slip a .002 feeler gauge into it on one edge. Hopefully the gasket and sealer
will continue to hold it. I took it for a road test and all seems well on that
wheel. However I plan on putting a 50 or so miles on it this weekend to make
sure. Then it will be on to another leak between the engine and trans that's
proving to be elusive and very annoying.
Regards