[Healeys] vernier timing gear

Phil Jarrett pjarrett14 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 17:01:24 MST 2012

Hello ,

I just had the DW vernier experience. It was very frustrating. In the end I
was told to drill the cam nut and lock wire it to the cam gear. I got this
straight from DW, I do not understand why they refuse to include detailed
installation instructions. Nice looking gear, the rest of the setup is normal
, nothing else is changed.
Phil

Sent from my iPhone

On 2012-11-11, at 16:03, Jonathan Quandt <jfaquandt at comcast.net> wrote:

> Anyone installed a vernier timing gear from Dennis welch? I am curious if
one needs to install a tensioner ring on the gear? Are these functional
without any oil thrower attached to them, and how to secure the cam gear
securing nut as there is no provision for the locking tab washer to be used on
this unit. Should I just use locktite? Cheers, JQ