[Healeys] A-type overdrive pressure gauge tool - who's made their own?

Bob Haskell rchaskell at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 14 03:52:18 MDT 2013

Paul,

See http://www.healey6.com/Technical/Werner/OD%20Gauge.pdf for Lauren
Frazier's article on building a pressure gauge for the Healey OD.  I had
a version of this article on the www.team.net healey web pages at one
time.  The link now points to AHCA's old website which no longer exists.
  In any case, I have the two missing images which are attached.  Will
also send them to Jim Werner and John Sims so John can update the
article.  The preface to the article has a couple of links to sites
where you can buy a gauge.  I don't know if they're still valid.

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
AHCA 3000 Mk I registrar
http://www.ciahc.org/registry_3000mk1.php

On 04/14/2013 01:45 AM, fiat500f at aol.com wrote:
> Have you made your own A-type overdrive pressure testing tool?  How'd ya do
> it?  I'm good on the gauge, but how exactly did you make the fitting that
> screws into the overdrive case at the operating valve?  I'm thinking that the
> fitting would have to have a hole in it to allow the oil to go up to the
> gauge, but, also have the tubular recess in it like the operating valve cap,
> to allow the ball, plunger, and spring of the valve to work correctly at the
> same time as the pressure gauge.
>
>   - Paul B.

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of odgagasm2.gif]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of odgagepl2.gif]