[Healeys] Spare tire

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sat Apr 5 07:25:11 MDT 2014

It will be anathema to some, but I always carry plugs, glue and tools just in case.  If you're 50 miles from BFE, out of
cell range and your spare blows it's better than nothing. I've plugged probably a half-dozen tires over the years and
driven thousands of miles without any problem due to the plugs (have had a couple of unplugged, fairly new Continentals
blow out on me within 6 mos. on my Mustang, though.  Got rid of those).    Even plugged a tire on my BJ8 where the hole
was a bit up the sidewall (I know--bad idea).

Of course, you can only plug a tubeless rig.

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net