[Healeys] BJ8 Registry

HealeyRick healeyrick at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 6 09:07:39 MDT 2014

I imagine the buyer of the BJ8 that was recently sold at Barrett-Jackson
wasn't too happy upon finding out there was another BJ8 out there with the
same chassis number as reported in this month's "Healey Marque"  The
registries do a vital service to prevent buyers from purchasing a car that may
have title problems, especially with a car like a Healey that is so easy to
play games with chassis numbers.  As has happened before, take a 100, add the
LeMans bits, send off for a bunch of Heritage certificates until one comes
back with the magic words indicating a factory 100M and change the numbers of
the run-of-the mill car to match.  Follow up by selling the car outside the
country.

Rick

"Madman in a death machine"
Follow My Nasty Boy Build: