[Healeys] wheel balancing

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Tue Apr 8 09:45:58 MDT 2014

Shaving tyres should not be necessary with modern tyres. Classic car
tires are basically modern tyres with a classic profile. It is very
seldom that the profile is that much out of true. Usually rotating the
tire a bit over the rim several times will settle them. Of course you
have to establish that your rims are true in the first place.
If you have your tyres shaved have it done when the tyres are properly
run in and seated after several thousands of miles.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL